You've found Father McKenzie. But are you really looking for Eleanor Rigby?

Thursday, October 14, 2004

Sweet Words

I wrote to Terry Sweetman about his article. His reply? "Thanks for the interest". There's always next time....


Dear Mr Sweetman

I am writing to you with reference to your article in The Courier-Mail dated 8 October 04. I have taken the liberty of selectively editing your argument (see below). I hope my treatment preserves the integrity of your intent for this article.

As such, I am glad that I do not share your family's cherished love of tolerance and diversity if this is what it produces. The same allegations you make against Family First can easily be made gainst yourself IN YOUR OWN WORDS. It is a sad day when you are blind to the hypocrisy of your own position. Unless you deliberately set out to be provocative or populist, I find it hard to understand how you can hold such glaringly obvious self-contradictory opinions. I am not a member of any political party, but this one-eyed and biased piece of journalism intrigues me as to your political sympathies.

If however, I have simply misunderstood you, please accept my apologies for my ignorance. I shall read your column far more carefully in future.

Yours sincerely

Stephen []

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Im so tired of Sweetman getting away with blatant slander of Christians. I understand that he is an angry and provoking writer, and that is part of his writing 'persona' but his descriptions and insults to Christians make my blood boil.
Imagine if he spoke like this about Blacks, Buddhists, Gays etc